Rajinikanth, who is celebrating his 62 birthday today, has acquired a unique image among movie celebrities in India that has almost been inexplicable. Rajinikanth’s popularity has been attributed to “his uniquely styled dialogues and idiosyncrasies in films, as well as his political statements and philanthropy”.
Many also cite reasons for Rajinikanth’s popularity as coming from his larger-than-life super-hero appearance in many films, supported by gravity-defying stunts and charismatic expressions, all the while attempting to maintain modesty in real-life.
Almost every film of Rajinikanth has punchlines delivered by him in an inimitable style, and these punchlines refer to the film’s story as well as the outside world. These dialogues are usually fabricated for every new film to further hype Rajini’s image.
Rajinikant jokes are widely circulated in text messages and over the internet. These satirical jokes have also inspired an iPad application.
We list a few creative ones.
1. Rajinikanth doesn’t wear a watch. He decides what time it is.
2. Rajinikanth has already been to Mars, that’s why there are no signs of life there.
3. Rajinikanth killed the dead sea.
4. If you spell ‘Rajanikant’ wrong on Google, it doesn’t say, “Did you mean Rajinikanth?” It simply replies, “Run while you still have the chance.”
5. Rajinikanth can play the violin with a piano.
6. Rajnikanth once wrote a cheque, the bank bounced!
7. Micheal Jordan to Rajini: I can spin a ball on my finger for over two hours. Can you?
Rajni: Rascala; how do you think the earth spins!?
8. Rajinikanth once ordered a plate of idli in McDonald’s, and got it.
9. If Rajnikant was born 100 years earlier, British would have fought to get independence from India.
10. When Rajnikant logs on to facebook.com, facebook updates its status message!
11. Rajni once killed 20 men just by saying “BANG”
12. Rajinikanth knows Victoria’s secret.
13. Rajinikanth can divide by zero.
14. Rajinikanth has counted to infinity, twice.
15. When Rajinikanth gives you the finger, he’s telling you how many seconds you have left to live.
16. Intel’s new caption – Rajnikant Inside.
17.Time and tide waits for Rajnikanth…! Mind it..!
18 When Rajnikant was a student Teachers used to bunk class…